How do I make a booking?
- Equipment bookings can be made via phone, email or in person.
What is the hire period?
- A one day hire is classed as 24 hours, but we are also understanding of the realities of the industry so generally, when possible, we operate on a pick up the afternoon before the shoot and return the morning after policy.
Do you offer multi day rates?
- We do offer multiple day discounts, please contact us for a quote.
Can we put a tentative hold on equipment?
- Yes, we are more than happy to put a hold on equipment for you, if we get requests that conflict with the hold you will be asked to confirm the booking or cancel it.
Will you charge for a late return?
- A late fee may be charged for late return, we will always endeavour to contact you before however.
Do you charge cancellation fees?
- We try to avoid cancellation fees whenever possible and usually only apply to late cancellations of jobs that we turned other work away for or particularly large jobs that we’ve spent a lot of time putting together.
What’s the policy on lost or damaged equipment?
- The hirer is completely responsible for all damaged or lost equipment. Wear and tear will be considered on a case by case basis.
Do you offer half day hires?
- Half day terms are available on select items, when available the prices are listed alongside the full day rate.
How is payment organised?
- Payment is due in full before or upon collection of rental equipment. Payment options include Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard), cash or electronic transfer.
What is required of a first time hirer?
- For a first time hire we will require payment upon pickup and a copy of a photo ID. At our discretion we will ask for business references. If a credit account is required please contact at least a week in advance of the booking.
Can I set up a credit account?
- Credit is available on a conditional basis to recurring customers after submitting a credit application form and getting approval.
What is the charge for insurance?
- The Loss and Damage Waiver is 7.5% of the standard hire fee.
Is the equipment covered by insurance?
- Yes, Picture Hire Australia has a policy that covers our risk for most loss or damage events. When you pay the Loss and Damage Waiver, you are automatically covered by our policy. If equipment is lost or damaged, you will only be required to pay 50% of the replacement value of the equipment up to a maximum of $1,000. Deliberate fraud or damage is not covered. Unusually high risk activities are not covered, and loss or damage outside of Australia is not covered. Ask us about your situation and we can assist to arrange special cover for you. A copy of our company’s insurance policy is available on request.
What if I have my own insurance cover?
- Give us a Certificate of Currency of your insurance, and you will not be charged the Loss and Damage Waiver.
What are your office hours?
- 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
Is there any out of hours pickup and return?
- Yes, we can be available for out of hours collection or return upon request. If you require rental equipment at short notice we will try to accommodate your request but an out of hours fee may be charged.
Are you able to provide support out of hours?
- Yes, the store phone diverts to our mobiles after hours, or you can find our numbers directly on the Contact page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the equipment you’ve hired.
Are you able to provide crew for our shoot?
- Yes, please contact us to discuss your crewing needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please find a full copy of our terms and conditions here