How do I make a booking?
- Equipment bookings can be made via phone, email or in person.
What is the hire period?
- A one day hire is classed as 24 hours, but we are also understanding of the realities of the industry so generally, when possible, we operate on a pick up the afternoon before the shoot and return the morning after policy.
Do you offer multi day rates?
- We do offer multiple day discounts, please contact us for a quote.
Can we put a tentative hold on equipment?
- Yes, we are more than happy to put a hold on equipment for you, if we get requests that conflict with the hold you will be asked to confirm the booking or cancel it.
Will you charge for a late return?
- A late fee may be charged for late return, we will always endeavour to contact you before however.
Do you charge cancellation fees?
- We try to avoid cancellation fees whenever possible and usually only apply to late cancellations of jobs where we have asked for confirmation.
What’s the policy on lost or damaged equipment?
- The hirer is completely responsible for all damaged or lost equipment. Wear and tear will be considered on a case by case basis.
Do you offer half day hires?
- Half day terms are available on select items, when available the prices are listed alongside the full day rate.
How is payment organised?
- Payment is due in full before or upon collection of rental equipment. Payment options include Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard), cash or electronic transfer.
What is required of a first time hirer?
- We require three forms of ID:
- Australian photo ID with a current address (passport, driver’s license etc)
- An additional proof of current address from the last 3 months (bank statement, utilities bill or something similar).
- Another form of ID such as a Medicare card or bank card
Please contact us if you are going to have any problems fulfilling these requirements as we are unable to rent equipment out to someone who hasn’t provided all of these.
When can I collect my equipment?
- Our pickup times are scheduled from 3PM the day before your shoot unless otherwise noted and return is 11AM the day after. For example, for a Wednesday shoot pickup is scheduled between 3PM and 5PM on Tuesday and return between 9AM and 11AM on Thursday. We are happy to try to work within our client’s schedules so please let us know if you require a different schedule and we will do our best to accommodate that.
Can I set up a credit account?
- Credit is available on a conditional basis to recurring customers after submitting a credit application form and getting approval.
What is the charge for insurance?
- The Loss and Damage Waiver is 7.5% of the standard hire fee.
Is the equipment covered by insurance?
- Yes, Picture Hire Australia has a policy that covers our risk for most loss or damage events. When you pay the Loss and Damage Waiver, you are automatically covered by our policy. If equipment is lost or damaged, you will only be required to pay 50% of the replacement value of the equipment up to a maximum of $1,000. Deliberate fraud or damage is not covered. Unusually high risk activities are not covered, and loss or damage outside of Australia is not covered. Ask us about your situation and we can assist to arrange special cover for you. A copy of our company’s insurance policy is available on request.
What if I have my own insurance cover?
- Give us a Certificate of Currency of your insurance, and you will not be charged the Loss and Damage Waiver.
What are your office hours?
- 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
Is there any out of hours pickup and return?
- Yes, we can be available for out of hours collection or return upon request. If you require rental equipment at short notice we will try to accommodate your request but an out of hours fee may be charged.
Are you able to provide support out of hours?
- Yes, you can find our numbers on the Contact page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the equipment you’ve hired.
Are you able to provide crew for our shoot?
- Yes, please contact us to discuss your crewing needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please find a full copy of our terms and conditions here